This workshop is co-located with International Green and Sustainable Computing Conference (IGSC)
2021/07 Submission site has been opened at EasyChair. (Pleaes see details at Submission Guidelines).
2021/06 Due to uncertainties of the COVID pandemic, IGSC 2021 will be held as a Live, Video Streaming Virtual Conference
2021/06 E2ML Website is open now!
Advances in the machine learning (ML) and its deployment in a wide range of systems for various applications. This has stirred interest in the design of various devices ranging from cloud servers to miniature IoT devices equipped with smart capabilities with embedded ML. One of the major hurdles to be addressed for an efficient design of such systems is to managed the limited available resources. The second edition of Workshop on Energy-Efficient Machine Learning (E2ML) workshop focuses on the design strategies to minimize the footprint and efficient management of resources through advanced computing techniques as well as resource management. The topics of interest to this workshop are:
- In-memory computing
- Neuromorphic computing
- Approximate computing for ML applications
- Power management for ML architectures
- Emerging memory technologies and its applicability in ML applications
- Spiking neural networks
- Learning algorithms on embedded systems
- Hardware-software cross-layer co-design
- Distributed ML algorithms and hardware for real-time performance
- Quantum computing
- Quantum machine learning
Any other relevant topic related to design of hardware for ML and optimizing ML for resource constrained systems is within the scope of the workshop. Papers that showcases interesting analysis regarding embedded ML and the possible ways to extend are also welcome.
There are two ways to participate the workshop: (1) Presentation with paper publication and (2) Presentation without paper publication. Please see details as follows.
Presentation with paper publication
Workshop papers will appear on IEEE library (IEEE Xplore). All papers must be original and not simultaneously submitted to another journal or conference. Full papers should be of length up to 8 single-spaced double-column pages using 10-point size font on 8.5x11 inch pages (IEEE conference style) including figures, tables, and references.
- IEEE templates can be found here
- Full paper submission deadline: August 23rd, 2021
- Notification of acceptance: September 6th, 2021
- Final paper deadline: September 13th, 2021
- Papers have to be submitted over EasyChair: Tack of Energy-Efficient Machine Learning.
Presentation without paper publication
If you have great idea to be presented at the workshop, please feel free to directly contact Weiwen Jiang.
All questions about submissions should be directed to Weiwen Jiang